Joyanna Adams

Nobody's Opinion

Can I Rent a Tornado?

Nobody Flashes

Here’s two wedding pictures that are unique in their own way—one photographer captured a tornado, the other, a herd of deer.

The last one is mine. Taken by a Mexican waiter one hour after the wedding. While my wedding pictures were not professional, they cost nothing.

Those were taken 22 years ago–My dress…was old, our rings were all together $100 dollars at Grandpa Pigeons, the preacher and the little church, $100, dinner for four at Casa Gallardo —(my two best friends and us)–$100. Flowers…$10.

All together our day cost $310, below the price of both those wedding dresses!

HA! (Okay, so I had BIG hair.) But, I AM frugal!

Still—- to have wedding pictures with tornadoes and deer in the background? I would have paid.

TornadoWeddingimg039

img038

October 19, 2014 - Posted by | love, Uncategorized |

7 Comments »

1. Since we’re telling wedding stories, my wife and I were married by a blind Judge at the county courthouse. I was on a two-week leave from the Army and, being young and naive, I thought I could arrange a church wedding in a strange town in that amount of time. After two days of trying, I came to realize the church wedding was not going to happen.

We were having lunch at my former college landlady’s house and I was whining that nothing was working and what are we going to do….etc. My (older, wiser) landlady piped up with, “Why don’t you just get married down at the courthouse?” My honey and I looked at each other and said, “Why the hell not!?!”

So we drove to the courthouse, got our license, then on to a lab to get the required blood tests (do they still require those?). The lab had the results at 4PM and we high-tailed it back to the courthouse and were married by the judge with his seeing-eye dog sitting there. His secretary was the witness.

It was zero-to-married in four hours flat and we’ve been happily married for 44 years now!

Comment by snopercod | October 21, 2014 | Reply

• PROOF that when you know it really doesn’t matter HOW you get married…just do, as a wise man once said. “Get er’ done!”

44 years and she STILL gets furs! Wow.

Comment by Joyanna Adams | October 21, 2014 | Reply

2. I had NO alcohol at my wedding – we had tea outside the church. The flowers were done by the church ladies for some other function and my hand held job was out of our garden cos what a waste of time that whole performance was – I decided shortly after meeting my man that there was no other for me (and yes, Ms Nobody he is very intellectual and brainy! AND with size 12 feet!) and I didn’t need a stack of mumblings in church to tell me that! I would love to see the tornado, but I wouldn’t bother much with the dressing up!

Comment by frankiekay | October 20, 2014 | Reply

• Well, that sounds like my kind of wedding! And may I say, he’s a lucky man. 🙂 Size 12? Needed I’m sure to hold up the big brain. Thanks for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

Comment by Joyanna Adams | October 20, 2014 | Reply

3. looks like you weren’t the only one with big hair.

Liked by 1 person